Thoughts

Thoughts and Adventures From Greenlite Heavy Industries

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Death by Repetition

I've become increasingly bored with the 80's rock that I've been listening to - well since the 80's. Really how many times can I listen to Bon Scott scream about Big Balls without wanting to scream myself. So in an effort to broaden my musical horizons I've been listening to our local Seattle non-commercial radio station KEXP. Ironically one of the most enlightening things I've heard on the station was during an interview with Robert Smith, frontman for one of my favorite 80's bands - the Cure. Somewhere in the middle of one of his wondering monologues he mentioned death by repetition. Those three words kind of stuck with me and are now pushing me upwards as I try to crawl out of my twenty year old rut.

No comments: