Thoughts

Thoughts and Adventures From Greenlite Heavy Industries

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Tuck My Dung Do Da Pole

We’re in the middle of an unusual cold snap here in Seattle. The temps haven’t crested freezing in seven days, and the mercury had dropped to the teens early last week. Last Tuesday I was helping out in Sophia’s first grade class when a little dude came up and said “I tuck my dung do da pole.”
“What?” I asked.
“I tuck my dung do da pole,” he repeated.
“You stuck your tongue to the pole!”
“Yeah.”
“Let me see,” I said, whereupon the little guy proudly stuck out his red speckled mangled tongue. I couldn’t help it; I just busted a gut, I mean I couldn’t stop laughing. He found it as funny as I did and laughed right along with me. When we both finally regained our composure I asked if he was ever going to make that mistake again.
“No way, nope.” He said.
Many things change, while a few things remain the same.

No comments: