Thoughts

Thoughts and Adventures From Greenlite Heavy Industries

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It's Either Up or Down

Saturday I spent five hours exploring the fire roads east of our cabin at Snoqualmie Pass.  I basically did a loop that skirted the edges of Lake Kachess and Lake Keechelus.  The day was beautiful and I was able to get in nearly 5K of climbing.  Not much compared to what I have in store for a week from Saturday (Leadville).

Leadville has me fairly uptight, but I'll save that for another post.

I'm a city boy through and through, no sense in hiding that, but it's in the mountains where I find solace.  Climbing these steep seldom used fire roads can yield a kind of Zen-like experience: relax, find the rhythm, enjoy the beating of your heart, the sweat, the peace of mind.

I'm going to have to figure out a way to better tell these stories through photos.  Somehow stuff like this just doesn't do the scene justice.

No comments: