Thoughts

Thoughts and Adventures From Greenlite Heavy Industries

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The More You Have...

I’ve been pondering my consumerism lately. My friend Bill observed: the more you have the more you have to lose, kind of the compliment to Janis’ observation of “if you got nothing you got nothing to lose.” I guess the key is to find the middle ground between having nothing and having too much. How much is too much?

I can’t help but think that the age of American consumerism is over. Watching the Tour I noticed how small the cars lining the road were. A Prius would be considered a full-sized car in Europe. When we lived in Ireland our place was 980 sq feet, and it was comfortable. Times they are a changing; are you going to be a leader or a straggler, this is our choice.

No comments: