Thoughts

Thoughts and Adventures From Greenlite Heavy Industries

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kayaker vs Swimmer

Dusted off the kayak on Monday; Sam paddled along with Stephanie and I on a two mile swim in Pine Lake. Sam often rides with me during my longer runs and has been a very supportive crew – carrying nutrition drinks and marking the miles for interval workouts – and it’s cool to get him involved with another aspect of the triathlon world. My new carbon paddle was much easier for Sam to swing than my old wooden one, but I still wasn’t sure if the little man could keep up. I quickly realized that a swimming adult is no match for a boy in a sea kayak; he literally paddled circles around us.
Ironman training can and does take away from family time, especially during the summer vacation months and so it’s good to be able to combine my workout with a little exercise and adventure for the kids.

No comments: