Thoughts

Thoughts and Adventures From Greenlite Heavy Industries

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Before/After


Before

When compared to the typical American diet I’d say that I eat fairly good, but I tell ya it’s tough to get all of the vegetable nutrition that I need.  About a year ago I bought a Breville juicer and took up juicing.  It took me a while to figure out that it’s best to do a big juicing job every few days and store the juice in the fridge as opposed to juicing by the glass.  Doing batch jobs saves on clean up and it encourages me to drink more as often all I have to do is pour out of a container.


After
I haven’t messed around a lot with fruit juices as I eat quite a bit of fruit already, but I have come up with a few good vegetable recipes.  My current favorite is cucumber, celery, kale, apple.  I juice two cucumbers, two bunches ocelery, a bunch of kale and an apple; I then normally cut the resulting juice in half with sparkling water.  The water really lightens it up and makes it more refreshing.

I don’t do any juice fasts or cleansings, for me juicing is just a nutritional safety net.  Now that race season is here I can definitely feel a difference in my performance when I’ve been eating well and am hydrated, as opposed to times when I’ve been slacking off and eating any old type of crap that comes my way.

No comments: